The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Birth Control and Kitten

So I realized that for the first time in almost a decade, I am not chemically altering my body. I got off the pill. I am amazed that my hips seem to be receding, the senseless dark feelings slipping away (now I am only blue for a reason), and (omigod) sex drive. WooWoo!

But my cramps feel like they are trying to make a comeback. Reminding me why I started that darn pill in the first place.

I have been off for four months now and I think this is the way to go (except for that whole oopsy-pregnant part.) So after years of taking all the responsibility for birth control, I am handing control (ok, maybe some at least) to DCS. Ok, not all, but I am definitely sharing that responsibility.

He is in Chicago and caught a Cubs game last night.

Someone dumped a kitten at our back door the other night, and of course it won't leave. And Canada is feeding it, so it really won't leave. It looks like a mini Skeeter (my cat) and of course I am such a sucker. I took it to the vet today to check for communicable parasites and disease and to check on a limp. the limp shifts from leg to leg, so Deborah the vet, is keeping this sata (stray) gata with her for the day to look into it.

I am listening to the Forest Gump soundtrack. What about you?

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it can be quite a change. Kameron Hurley over at Brutal Women: [http://brutalwomen.blogspot.com/] has some comment about it in her archives. I think it may be from the start of the summer. But yeah, have a back up plan K. All around the world, they've got a name for those women who put their trust in men for their birth control decisions: Mommies! Hope you work out the wedding BS. That sounds like a sticky wicket. Ever watch the test matches BTW?

Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home