The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Lay of the Land

To clarify: I have told DCS that I won't be living with a man again before marriage or having that pretty damn quick afterwards. None of this trial marriage/shack up thing for me, especially if I am moving back to the country for it. And I told him that I could forgive a great many things, but I would not be able to forgive if he lost my grandmother's ring, and he knows that for truth.

So I hate doing ultimatums, but I told him that I wouldn't be moving in with him without the commitment of marriage and that I would have to decide one way or the other by the end of August/beginning of September. So it will either gell together well in the next three weeks, or I have to re-evaluate my life and plans and move on alone with Bump to figure out this newness.

So a funny thing came up this weekend (might be pretty mundane to the world at large, but amusing to me.) Four years ago, before we started dating, I was working in the Keys and bought DCS a silver dive/surf/water sports watch to give him for the following Christmas. I did give it to him, he wears it when he dresses up. So he 'fessed up this past weekend that a couple of years ago he lost the watch while we were in Charleston. Then bought a new one online to replace it quick so he didn't have to admit that he lost my gift. He said it so guiltily too... It was cute that he didn't want to hurt my feelings and had replaced it exactly (thank goodness he kept the box!)

My hand feels so naked without my ring. I wish I could take a picture of it for HNT. there is a little tiny white line and dent around my finger where it used to be.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification K. I think you should stick to your guns. And how did we know that he was likely to be one of those careless enough to lose cherished mementos? Again, I wish you the best with everything.

Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home