The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Such a Faulkner...

So I live in the Caribbean, except this summer I am stateside in DC working a fellowship, scholarship, internship, summer placement, whatever you want to call it. I brought "office" clothes as I was going to be working in an office. I am being sent to Florida for a week to go out in the field. I have loads of field clothes, just not here. That is the back ground for today's thought.

I walked to the Goodwill yesterday (2 miles in 110 degree heat index!) to look for yucky clothes to wear in the field. A whole lot of looking, not a lot of finding. I did, however, find great books. At $0.69 a piece. What a deal, right? And the Nicholas Sparks author that DCS likes, so I load up my basket. (The library is closer and free, but then I couldn't mail the books to DCS when I was done with them...)

Too bad I had to hump a million pounds of books back through that heat. But you know I was tagging that all on him! "That darn DCS and his Sparks books..." It amused me all the way home. And this morning too. It did not amuse him when I related the story to him last night.

It should have.

Out to buy clothes, return with pounds upon pounds of books.

Such a Faulkner.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, he's ungrateful to boot! Clearly a keeper.

On another point, are you related or working with the BBSR?

Just a thought...
Cheers& Good Luck, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home