The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Counting Good Things


1. Did I mention that I got the more prestigious part of an already prestigious fellowship? I just found that little snippet out last week. Only ten peeps out of the whole world get picked for it each year. I am one of those peeps this year. hoorah

2. So I now have a second hand kayak that will be really fun as soon as I acquire a paddle!


3. I have outlined what remains to be done on the old thesis and have ticked of many of the targets. Pheew!

4. El Gato has been retrieved. Kc and DCS and El Gato make three. It's nice to have him around - okay under the bed anyway...


I just wish I felt more joy and happiness in these things. I am not depressed, life just feels so tenuous and uncertain. Seems to negate the joy of these really effing cool things I have just done or am doing or achieved. I wish there was a guaranteed non fiction book: "How to find Peace and Happiness that You Misplaced One Day"


Join me in Saving Science Friday and Snuffleupagus:
http://civic.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/



1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I knew it! So you've got a right to Be proud& Be happy. Be more delighted to be here where you're at. It's good. It could be better, but this is one of the good parts! Cheers & Congrats all around for all the great accomplishments! Now party like it's 1999, and finish up! Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home