The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yak. Attack.

So I fear that I am falling into that trap of never finishing once a person returns home from grad school pre-final finish. I hate that idea too. Motivation is at all new lows. I can't seem to get my garbage together to finish. I just stare and stare and stare at it. This is all a bad thing.

On a side note, I was contacted by the fellowship people if I would be interested in a certain part of the fellowship that is even more prestigious than the what I got already. I am stoked there. I didn't tell them about my lack of motivation.

Put in an appy to a dream (ish) job here in town working at a GREAT conservation place. Having concerns about taking it KNOWING that I will be ducking out in 8 months to rule the world from DC. The concern is that it is a place I would like to work at when I return. I would hate to burn that bridge by leaving. Care to throw in your ideas on this one?

Finally unpacked at the house.

Things are mellowing out with the boy.

Coming to terms with moving away from my great house and my great JEEP and my life to his (our) house, his (our) car, etc.

Bringing a kayak to live with me. Picking it up this weekend. Looking forward to that. It will finish all my funds (read: traded my JEEP for a kayak, that is how little I got for my JEEP,) and I am looking forward to it. After research I decided which one I wanted and found out when I told DCS, that was the one he ordered and was at his folks' house. Mine is, of course, not ordered new. Pre-loved. Red. Little Red Riding Yak.

Drafting small goals for the final revisions. Maybe ticking things off a list will help. Maybe freezing my wireless card will help.

My life needs some structure.

On a side note, I am completely stoked for my girlfriend Chel who just received notice that her designer Asian baby is ready to leave the Cabbage patch! Mr.Chel retrieves her in a month! My other girlfriend Shells is almost done with her house, okay...Mr.Shells is almost done with their house! A typing ovation for the girlfriends that sound like exoskeletons!

Lurching along,
Kc

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd try mentioning your concerns to the conservation place in town, they may be able to work with you on the deal. Tell them that you're excited by the prospect, but that you have this prior commitment in DC. The deal needs to be closed on your thesis work however. That needs some heat under the seat to get it done. And I guess no sorry news on the DCS front is a kind of good news. Time will tell on that score I imagine. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home