The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In an effort to get back on the writing train....

[a is for age:]
Creeping to thirty

[b is for booze o
f choice:]
hard cider.

[c is for career:]
science, marine. policy, marine.

[d is for your dog's name:]
Hammy (For the great dane I do not own. yet.) Skeeter (he is my dog-like cat.)

[e is for essential items you use everyday:]
Lip balm that I refer to lovingly as "Chap Slap," and some type of fleece warmy (as I freeze easily)

[f is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]"
"Better Together" Jack Johnson

[g is for favorite games:]
Scrabble, Boggle, Balderdash

[h is for hometown:]
I am and will always be a Florida girl

[i is for instruments you play:]
What I will admit to: Bass clarinet. At other points in my life: piano, trumpet, clarinet

[j is for jam or jelly you like:]
Orange Marmelade right now. Apricot at other times.

[k is for kids:]
None right now. Hopefully in the future though...

[l is for last kiss:]
DCS.

[m is for most admired traits:]
Forthrightness, wit, intelligence, creativity, honesty, decisiveness, direction, and aspirations

[n is for name of your crush:]
DCS. Celebrity: Matthew McConahey (sp?)

[o is for overnight hospital stays:]
I have spent most of the night in a hospital once. For Dengue Fever. On Armpit Island.

[p is for phobias:]
Drowning.

[q is for quotes you like:]
"Treat a man as he is, he will remain so. Treat a man the way he can be and ought to be, and he will become as he can be and should be.” -Goethe

[r is for biggest regret:]
Feels like a have a few right now.

[s is for sweets of your choice:]
Not chocolate, not flan.

[t is for time you wake up:]
Varies. Isn’t grad school great?

[u is for underwear:]
Lace boy shorts.

[v is for vegetables you love:]
Asparagus and artichokes

[w is for worst habit:]
Tunnel vision pessimism (but in general I am very optimisitic…)

[x is for x-rays you've had:]
Teeth, ulcer, foot, who knows what else…

[y is for yummy food you make:]
I love to bake. DCS doesn’t like sweets, so I will be looking for someone to eat my endeavors when I get back to Florida…

[z is for zodiac sign:]
Sagatarius!


This list idea borrowed from mipmup.blogs.com

If you want to do it to, please join me, then drop a note and let me come to your page and read yours!

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only knew one person who played the Bass clarinet brilliantly: Eric Dolphy. But he was a multi-instrumentalist too. Cheers, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home