The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

20 days

20 days until my birthday. 27. The year that was supposed to be my best yet. The year of graduation and wedding and moving home. Well- graduation anyway, right?

And 18 days until I go home. This will be the first time I have gone home for Christmas in about 7 years. Sure- I would go for a few days, but when I went home it was to mine and DCS's place these past few years. So a month at my mom's house. Yikes.

And DCS called. A few times. And emailed. I haven't been talking, in general. But I did once, on Tuesday. He wants to see me. I didn't tell him I was coming home. *sigh*

Cashed in on my Florida v. Florida State bet winnings. Rent, sushi dinner and a lovely afternoon with my friend Tony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thesis Update: Had a meeting with my professor, productive. Now just plodding through some stuff. Meeting with labmate to talk math this weekend. Trying to get everything geared up to be productive while away in Florida. And the semester is closing down on my other program. Just have to tidy up my term paper, watch some class and one more exam.

And my other labmate freind just defended his thesis. It will be weird and sad to not have him around next year.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never know what the best year is until the end. And by that time you've forgotten most of it. It'll still be a stellar year for you I bet. Good luck & Have
a Happy Holiday with mom! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home