The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Morning edition

*sigh* to have a fella like VJ and an ace girl like Chel...

I am being productive, just in other things. My policy program is too easy to ignore, then an exam sneaks up and scares the bejesus out of me, making me drop everything and pay attention there. So thus I am, snapped to attention, furiously reading text, watching class and trying to be up to snuff on "emergy."

No that isn't misspelled. The guy invented three new laws of thermodynamics, and new science word and has never mentioned to the class that it is in fact, a theory. I hope the other "kids" in class aren't suckers and have figured that part out....

That's all folks.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks KC, But I like my Laws of Thermodynamics to be mostly the same old fashioned kind. Unless this guy is teaching you a bit of theoretical physics, he's full of it and himself. If I had a dollar for every Prof who had a new thermodynamics scheme in the last 100 or so years , I could buy your damn armpit Island. The fact that he seems to be insisting on wrongly applying to a policy context is even more egregious. But I imagine he's gotten too famous with this BS to call him on it all in class. Ah, for the clever scam that can comfortably see you into retirement. It seems to be the dream of every middling striver and boobsie.

Emergy indeed! How is this quality measured? How can it be compared? Does it have action as a force and/or mass? It's sad when the Prof's misunderstand basic concepts of science! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home