The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Round and Round We Go

All I wanted to do was tell him about this amazingly fun and resume'-able prospect I have that would be really fun for him to do with me. I wanted to tell him Tuesday night, but he didn't call (even though he said he would) and then I couldn't tell him because he wanted to tell me all about his stuff (which I wanted to hear) and then he didn't really have time to listen to me last night. Fine, I understand dinner and all. Really, humans need food. But then when he called back and I said I need 15 minutes, I was jumping in the shower, I'll call back in 15 minutes - he didn't pick up my call.

Dude - I said I was calling back at X time. When he says that, I make myself available, because that is considerate and polite and nice and you planned it out, for crying out loud. He called back 45 minutes later. Little thing right? It isn't hard to call and leave a message, "hey something came up, I'll call you in 45 instead of you calling in 15." that is completely understandable. Simply not picking up for the prearranged time leaves me feeling devalued and abandoned.

Yes, things are very touchy right now. He needs to be careful. Heaven knows I am trying to be extra considerate to his needs.

Too bad that turned into the regular argument of him: "nothing I do is ever good enough." Me: "why can't you simply keep your word? Why can't you be considerate? Your actions affect others."

All I wanted to do was tell him about the visiting scientist program and it be this exciting opportunity for me, that he gets an amazing vacation with me out of it.

I know that Bump (notice newly given code name for el bebe) makes me more emotional and crazy, and it was a little thing. I guess the reason I got so worked up, is that is just another serving of the same old stuff.

Hopefully us talking about how to deal with that type of thing productively will positively affect this in the future.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hate to ask K, but is 'Bump' future, past or Present tense? If it's the latter, I imagine we're all in for more fireworks. Just a minor point...

Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home