The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sharkbait

So there have been two shark attacks in three days in the Destin area, which is (ironically) the place where Davey is/is going. Davey is a sunworshipping beach lover. Needless to say, this concerns me. Even though I want the pain to disappear, I would rather it not disappear into the gullet of a shark. That would really remove that tiny seed of hope of reconciliation. Make for a great story, but I would rather have the fellow than shark would. Not a lot of meat on that one, really. Stringy. Sharks would be better just passing on that one. Whereas a shark like me has a certain taste for bait like him.

So it has been brought to my attention of the bad odds of another shark attack in that area. Well, I bet that is what the second kid thought too...

Besides, sharks don't know statistics. I understand that math isn't really their strong academic area.

My thoughts are consumed with him. I hope that he can get past his pain so that we can focus on us again. That is the seed of hope within. I love him and am not ready to give up on him or us. That is the seed of hope I carry. Today feels good, today feels hopeful, today hope grows more than despair inside me. this morning anyway...

"Sharkbait! Ooo Hah Hah!" - Finding Nemo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home