The Sticky Wicket

This is a story of a girl. A girl who had met the boy, fell in love, was asked, accepted, and made the plans - only to be told 4 years later that it had been a good ride. This is the story of a heartbreak. And the possible rebuilding of Rome from the ashes.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Top 100

  1. My eyes are the color of the sea after a storm, according to an ex.
  2. I can't resist meowing or “psst-pssting” to a cat.
  3. I have a natural tendency to blame others for my mistakes.
  4. I love Subway sandwiches, and think that being a sandwich artist might be a good skill.
  5. I play bass clarinet. Okay, played.
  6. I trust people easily and without reason.
  7. This often backfires on me.
  8. I thought college was easy.
  9. I am still figuring out how to be friends with girls.
  10. I don’t photograph well.
  11. I have been in love more than once.
  12. I don’t know if there’s an afterlife but I really hope pets are allowed.
  13. I get seasick.
  14. I am a marine scientist.
  15. The two don’t mix well.
  16. My biological clock might be starting.
  17. I think that I have a lifetime of dark poetry within me.
  18. I fear being misunderstood.
  19. I believe to be a being in balance.
  20. I believe that we over-medicate our nation’s children to make them less bothersome and annoying. These parents shouldn’t have mussed their life with children.
  21. I have a desire to skulk around Europe.
  22. I am a registered Republican.
  23. But it is to ensure that the most left Republican is voted for in the primaries. It is tricky warfare.
  24. I like to dance in the kitchen.
  25. Infectious candy pop always surprises me by making me sing along to music I don’t like.
  26. I think that capable people are often underrated.
  27. I think that a woman can be strong, powerful and independent, and still own too many shoes.
  28. I enjoy watching people.
  29. Give me a great brunch over any meal.
  30. I really like to swim or workout once I get there.
  31. Motivating myself is harder than motivating others.
  32. I have had my heart broken.
  33. I am still in love with the cad that did it so casually.
  34. I paint my toenails the color I would never paint my fingernails – hooker red.
  35. I have a cat that has outlasted 2 fiancés, 7 boyfriends, and one out of country move.
  36. I attract children, hispanics and dirty old men.
  37. I prefer eating al fresco.
  38. Give me a genuine gentleman over a looker any day.
  39. Atlas Shrugged is my favorite book in the world.
  40. Music and nature move me more than religion.
  41. There is no feeling like hanging upside down suspended with 100 feet of water overhead.I
  42. am a sucker for a man in Buddy Holly glasses.
  43. I am not bitter about the religion I was raised in. Dismissive and bewildered.
  44. I hate the word “sturdy” when my mother applies it to my legs – all the time.
  45. Respect is earned, not given freely.
  46. I would like to foster a military pet or train a service dog puppy.
  47. I love coffee table nature books.
  48. When listening to other people telling stories, I have to fight the urge to add in a similar experience.
  49. When telling my own story, I have to fight to stay on track and not exaggerate.
  50. Creativity, wit, intelligence are three of my top things I look for in a male.
  51. Geek chic is in.
  52. I believe school should be more about what we get out of it rather than the grades assigned to our experience.
  53. I can’t justify paying more than $25 for a pair of jeans.
  54. I pine for movie star straight/non gapped teeth.
  55. I haven’t thrown my box of memories away from either fiancé.
  56. I was a Latin double degree for the majority of my undergrad.
  57. I have given out my friend’s number or the AOL phone number to men rather than my own.
  58. Male body hair turns me off.
  59. Happy trails do not.
  60. The smell of pipe tobacco brings me back to my childhood.
  61. I have never conquered saran-wrap.
  62. Watermelon was put on this earth for my pleasure.
  63. Fanny Faulkner is my bar name.
  64. I have never had the chicken pox.
  65. I have recently made my peace with pink, domesticity, child bearing/raising and green olives.
  66. I am easily irked but hard to anger (that long lasting anger.)
  67. I want to restore an old house.
  68. I have an official breakup plant.
  69. Wood floors, water towers and railroad tracks are romantic.
  70. I want a Great Dane one day named Hammy.
  71. Mongoose and rats are diurnal and nocturnal. How many islands was that tested on?
  72. I wish I was artistic.
  73. Don’t date your friends. Don’t date frat boys. If you don't know in one year, move one. Engagments shoudl be short.
  74. I believe that one should shop for fish intelligently.
  75. I believe the Army Corps of Engineers has made some catastrophic mistakes.
  76. I strive for the perfection of human character rather than ascribe to a religious tenet.
  77. I fear losing my blonde hair to a darkening ash.
  78. I have 4 brothers - two older, two younger. That should explain a lot.
  79. Math is a drag.
  80. My mother is my hero.
  81. I have routinely killed that un-killable office plant, pothos, in fact - I am killing one currently.
  82. I want to through hike the Appalachian Trail.
  83. Taking a man to Hawaii is the instant relationship killer.
  84. I don’t know that science and spirituality mix.
  85. After a lifetime of bucking the LDS trend of homemaking, I guiltily enjoy baking.
  86. Nothing makes a house a home, like baking bread.
  87. I wish I had greater powers of persuasion.
  88. I have a golden parachute syndrome.
  89. I speak really great Spanish to those that don’t, and terrible Spanish to those that do.
  90. I believe that computers aren’t really just a tool like the IT guy says, I think they conspire against us.
  91. I am turning into my mother.
  92. I think that mental instability might run in my family.
  93. I have only left a restaurant after sitting down, once.
  94. I am a list writer. And list loser.
  95. I don't believe you have to go to church to worship God.I hate to lose.
  96. If we play a game together, it is best to let me win.
  97. I claim to be a lot more assertive than I really am. I am more sensitive than I will admit to.
  98. I print double sided to save paper and trees, but don’t recycle (no facilities.)
  99. I have a short attention span.
  100. I have an idealized family in my head that bears no resemblance to my actual crazed conglomerate of blood related individuals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home